Wednesday, September 8, 2010

LOVE THIS LOOK!

Hi Stampers!

I love the Stampin' Up! embossing folders that are used in the Big Shot machine, and have learned a new technique recently.  It's called Embossing Folder Resist and it's a technique using a block in the center of the folder, so that the embossing is made on the card stock layer in a particular pattern.  Here is a picture of a thank you card I made, using the Petals Aplenty embossing folder,  Versamark, white embossing powder and one of our new corner punches, "Scallop Trim Corner".


I made a round template out of cardboard and placed in on the embossing folder.  As you can see, the template kept the folder from embossing in the center of the card stock.  I then placed the embossed layer on a 7" x 5" piece of Whisper White card stock, scored in the middle at 3-1/2".

Here's a closer look at the embossing, as well as the corner trim.


It was fun trying different patterns, as well as corners. Below is one using gold embossing powder and the new corner punch, "Pinking Hearts Corner".

I think the gold is beautiful.

If you like this Elegant Thank You card, contact me on my website for a list of supplies, as well as detailed instructions on how to make.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment