Tuesday, October 5, 2010

SPECIAL PACKAGING FOR SPECIAL FOLKS

Upon completion of that special gift for that special someone, who wants to put it in an ordinary gift bag?  My sentiments exactly, so I decided to explore the possibility of making my own gift box and wrapping paper!  What did I discover?  I could not only make my own gift box, but by using two-sided designer series paper, it was automatically gift wrapped!

Cute huh?   I decorated this one with grosgrain ribbon and little hearts that I punched out with the Heart to Heart and Full Heart punches.  All different size hearts in two colors and layered together!  The point on the bottom of the large heart in the middle sits on a Dimensional and pops right up!
Here's an empty one to give you a better look.  The edge is fancied up with the Pinking Hearts Border Punch.


Here's how it's done.  (Pictures are of different stages of several projects.) Start out with two pieces of 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper.  The two-sided paper is so much nicer because the inside and outside of the top and bottom are interchangeable and match! 

Fold each end toward the middle.  Turn and fold the other sides the same way.

Cut the folds on two sides as shown - cut up to the fold above only.

Fold those four squares down flat and put 4 pieces of Sticky Strip on each tab (Sticky Strip works better than anything else to maintain the integrity of the box).

Then assemble by putting the smaller squares inside and the larger one on the outside.  Rub all 4 sides of each square to ensure a good seal.

Make the bottom exactly the same way, except to ensure a nice fit, trim just a smidgeon (is that a word?) off all four sides.  Illustration below shows an example of how much I trimmed.

As you can see the boxes can be decorated in so many ways.  The one below has a scanned and blown up image from the Love You Much Stamp Set and the double bow is made with two different color ribbons.  I soaked our pink glass beads in Crystal Effects, then poured over the finished bow for a fancier look.  It does spot the ribbon somewhat, but it's worth it for the Bling look!

Email me at itisjaye@gmail.com for a list of supplies used on any of these boxes.  Or visit my web-site at www.jayecatalano.stampinup.net for more cool ideas.  Thanks for looking and make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment