Monday, December 13, 2010

LOOKING FOR THE "WOW" FACTOR


Hi Stampers!

I checked our Stampin' Up! online site looking for inspiration a few weeks ago.  I wanted a simple card with a huge "Wow" factor that I could take to my beginners' card making class.  I was not disappointed when I came across an inlaid embossing technique posted by Chris Kolly.  I just could not take my eyes off the beautiful, finished effect of attaching punched items to card stock and then running it through the Big Shot in an embossing folder.  The end result is that the items appear to be actually inlaid into the card stock.




Chris used Real Red and Pretty in Pink card stock, our full hearts punch, our Hearts to Heart punch and the Big Shot Lattice Embossing Folder.  All punched pieces are attached with Snail Adhesive and then placed into the embossing folder for that wonderful expensive custom look.
I finished the front of the card with "Because I Care" sentiment from the set of the same name and popped it up with a dimensional and a small heart.  Too cute, huh?



Other stamps in this new set are just right for that special sentiment.



Check out the supplies for this card on my website http://jayecatalano.stampinup.net/ or contact me by email with questions: itisjaye@gmail.com.  Thanks for looking!






11 comments:

  1. This is so good looking - I'm new at demo and wanted to do more with the Big Shot - this is inspiring me to forget housework, cooking and just play with the tools I own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous!
    i'm a new follower from SC! please stop on by...
    stampcravings.blogspot.com
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card! I'm now following you from Stampin' Connection.

    Terry #250
    http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card - following from SC - Jessica Taylor

    madebythetaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card, you made a good choice. I am now following you from SC. Come by my blog and say Hi. www.lookatmycutestuff.blogspot.com

    Hugs
    Shirley Pumpkin #312

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following you now from Stampin'Connection, I'm #117

    http://StampinwithK.blogspot.com

    Karla c(:

    ReplyDelete
  7. This definitely has the WOW factor!

    Following from SC...
    www.mysocalledlife-kjb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super sweet card..I especially like the sentiment that you used...if you have a reaction listed for pretty/sweet/beautiful, I'd totally pick that...thanks for sharing!

    I'm following your blog via SC #277. Please stop by and follow me as well...thanks!

    http://www.createmepink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this card! Gor-ge-ous! Now following from SC.

    Stop by and visit when you get a moment.

    www.stampingwithlulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards! Now following from SC #342...hope you'll return the favor when you get a chance. http://alacards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing! I’m your newest follower from SC - #367 Kendra Richardson.
    You can find me @ www.kendrascorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete