Wednesday, July 20, 2011

SWAP ANYONE?

Stampin' Up! demonstrators across the country love to share ideas, and one of the best ways is to swap card fronts at our annual convention.  As a new demonstrator, I was apprehensive about joining in the Swap.  With all the talent in this company, I wasn't sure I could create something that others would want.  I was pleasantly surprised that my Mojo did not disappoint me, and I received positive feedback on my swap.  Here it is:

The stamp sets I used are SNOW MUCH FUN (#122560 wood mount) and DELICATE DOILIES (#122590 wood mount). The background is created using one of the doily stamps with VersaMark ink, then embossing the images with Iridescent Ice embossing powder.  Over that is a layer of Melon Mambo card stock and Delicate Doilies Designer Series paper (it is so gorgeous).

Next I stamped the sweet snowman in Staz-On ink, cut him out, colored him with markers and sparkled him up with Dazzling Diamonds glitter.
Decided to add the little birdie on a snowball and used the same technique on him.  Then I glittered up a small pom pom and glued it the snowball image.

The greeting was stamped with VersaMark and then jazzed up with our new Melon Mambo embossing powder.

Everything was attached with Dimensionals to make it pop and I finished the card using 3 sizes of pearls from our Basic Pearls set.  (Looks like one of the buttons didn't make it back home).

You can order the items for this cute little card on my website by clicking below.  As always, I'm available to help with tips and directions.  Thanks so much for looking and Happy Stamping.

4 comments:

  1. Great swap. Wish I had of gotten one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a awesome swap! The Snow Much Fun set is fast becoming one of my favourites and I know my customers adore it too! Thanks for sharing how you made it that was terrific too. I'm now your latest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is great! Really cute!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete