Tuesday, August 16, 2011

HAVING A FUN DAY IN MY CRAFT STUDIO!


I love this kind of day.  Nothing special planned, nowhere I have to be, so playing with paper and ink is top on the priority  list.  I made this cute card using a few new fun tricks.

I used the 3/8" Very Vanilla Velvet Stitched Ribbon, which is introduced in our new Holiday Mini Catalog.  I colored the ribbon using the side of the large tip of my Early Espresso Stampin' Write marker and just love how it came out!  The Early Espresso layer is just card stock run through our new "Stripes" embossing folder and the Big Shot machine.  What an unusual effect it creates - hope you can see it.  The stamp set is "Cherish Friendship"; card stocks are Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler and our 100% cotton watercolor paper.  Such a pleasure using our aqua pens and ink pads to color in the stamped image on this great water color paper and not worry about it bleeding through.  I finished off the image with some Crystal Effects to make those cherries shine!  Hope you like it.  Any questions, please drop me a line.  I'd be happy to help!  Have a great day and happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. Great card Jaye. Thanks for the tip on colouring the velvet ribbon. I haven't ordered any yet because of the colour (vanilla) but now I might.

    ReplyDelete